Welcome to a world of Babybel Plus+ heroes
From commercials to social media cuteness
When we first saw Havas’ brief and storyboards we were over the moon! The “Introducing Babybel Plus+” campaign has it all – amazing character design, new found Plus+ powers and huge worlds to design and explore.
Directed and produced at Carbon, delve into the campaign below and discover how we created the Land of Goodness and all who live there.
- Director Liam Chapple
- Production Carbon
- Executive Creative Director Liam Chapple
- Executive Producer Matt McManus
- Producer Krystle Timm
- Lead CGI Artist Tim Little
- VFX Supervisor Tobey Lindback
- Lead FX Artist Ryan Hussain
- Nuke Artist Jennifer Howard
- Nuke Artist Aaron Baker
- Flame Artist Matt Reilly
- CGI Artist Frank Grecco
- CGI Artist Dan Fine
- CGI Artist (Lighter) Silvia Apostol
- Animator Sam Gierasimczuk
- Animator Alex Rumsa
- Animator Katie Heady
- Rigger Carlos Sandoval
- Model Ivan Joy
- FX Artist Danny Noren
- FX Artist Mark Ingle
- FX Artist Vraja Parra
- Designer Carlos Nieto
- Designer Max Benjamin
- Brand Babybel
- Anne-Catherine Barret Global Brand Strategy and Equity Director
- Katherine Dalman Global Equity Manager
- Agency Havas
- Shelby Georgis Group Creative Director
- Kate Delaney Associate Creative Director
- Adam Vohlidka Group Creative Director
- Estella Xiang Designer
- Leah Hattendorf Group Strategy Director
- Casey Carpenter Senior Strategy Director
- Amy Merchant Managing Director
- Charlotte Picq Senior Account Director
- Bridget Danko Senior Producer
- Lara Drew Director of Business Affairs
- Editorial Company Whitehouse Post
- Editor Dan Zabinski
- Mix & Sound Design South Music
There are two key moments in any young Babybel Plus+’s life. The ‘transformation’, where they gain their powers, and the ‘impact’ where we see them being used for the first time.
In “Vitamins”, the new found strength takes shape as earth shattering muscle. In “Probiotics”, we gave our hero a protective shield. After all, a healthy digestive system means a strong immune system.
A look inside: storyboards, character design and environments
How did we create the Land of Goodness and our flying superheroes? Our storyboards and styleframes were the cornerstone for all aspects: characters, environment, FX and time of day.
The super hero element was of course, awesome! We focussed in on lots of lovely textural and animation detail. Perhaps most importantly, our animation team worked hard to give our stars the perfect super hero strut.
Super heroes need epic surroundings: rolling meadows, towering cliffs, waterfalls of milk, enchanted forests. The usual, you know?
We love playing with cameras and having fully 3D environments meant we could really get creative with our moves. If you have ever been to Seljalandsfoss, Iceland or Maletsunyane Falls, Lesotho then the geography will feel a little familiar to you. If you haven’t – you’ll feel like you have, after a trip to the lush Land Of Goodness!
The FX that surround each character after their Plus+ transformation is our little tribute to Hollywood style super hero films. And this was all about putting lots into the tiny details of each effect.
Carbon Director Liam Chapple’s favorite is the earth shattering punch shot. “So much RND went into creating such a huge event that lasts such a short amount of time. The team pulled out all the stops – from refining the slow motion moment, through to the shattering and explosion of the dirt and soil. It’s epic!”
An extra Insight?
The forest setting was based on a self directed piece of work, by our lead CG artist Tim Little. It’s his little piece of woodland bliss.
Stay tuned for our Making Of film coming soon.
Ps – are you impressed we got through this without making any cheesy jokes?